I'm taking advantage of a weeknight free from work (I normally work nights and weekends) and would like to post my favorite romance authors. If you haven't read some of these, you should check them out. These are not listed in any particular order.
1. Susan Mallery, author of the Fool's Gold series, Barefoot Season, and lots of other contemporary romance novels. I've re-read many of these books and I love to recommend them to friends. Some stories are steamier than others but all of them have stories that grab you from the very beginning. If you haven't read any of her books, try Delicious, the first in the Buchanan family books.
2. Jennifer Crusie, author of Maybe This Time, Welcome to Temptation and lots of other great books. I think I've read all of her books that are on my shelf multiple times. I love them. Her books are a little more eclectic, especially when she works with co-authors, like the paranormal story, Dogs and Goddesses, and the action/romance story, Agnes and the Hitman, but always include a little humor. Any of Jenny's books are great, but if you want to try a great one, read Bet Me.
3. Robyn Carr, author of the Virgin River series and other contemporary romance novels. I have read all of the Virgin River stories multiple times. Sometimes you just want to read a great story and Robyn never disappoints. The first in the series, Virgin River, will introduce you to Jack, Mel and the town of Virgin River and you'll fall in love with the whole town.
4. Luann McLane, author of Dark Roots and Cowboy Boots and other romantic comedies with a southern kick. Luann has managed to make me laugh out loud reading her books. As someone who grew up in the South, I know her humor is realistic without being mean-spirited. Dark Roots and Cowboy Boots has one of the funniest scenes ever found in a romance, so if you can, start with that one.
5. Kimberly Raye, author Dead Sexy and other vampire cowboy tales from Harlequin Blaze. I haven't read all of Kimberly's books, but I do love the ones I have found. These very steamy tales include a little bit of everything - vampires, cowboys, small towns, and heroines that are not afraid of a man who's a little different.
So, those are some of my favorite romance authors. What author do you follow persistently? Track down new release information and follow them on Facebook? I would love to hear from you.